New Constructs is an independent equity research firm that offers world-class ratings and analysis on 10,000+ stocks, ETF’s, and mutual funds.
Big 4 accounting firm, Ernst & Young, recently published this white paper demonstrating the material superiority of our fundamental research. Harvard Business School featured the expertise and technology that enables us to produce superior fundamental research with unrivaled scale. Many of the top hedge fund and institutional portfolio managers in the world leverage our quality-of-earnings, forensic accounting, and discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation research. Recent partnerships with TD Ameritrade, E*Trade and Interactive Brokers have seen tremendous success and greatly expanded our reach. Frequently featured in Barron’s, CNBC, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and other financial media outlets, New Constructs has developed a strong reputation for leveraging the latest in machine learning and AI to deliver uniquely rigorous fundamental analysis.
New Constructs is seeking upcoming and recent graduates with a strong interest in the equity markets for our 2018 Associate Analyst class.
All incoming Associate Analysts participate in a custom, classroom-setting training program taught by CEO and former hedge fund manager, David Trainer. After developing the necessary conceptual foundation in financial statement analysis and valuation, new Associate Analysts gain hands-on training for modeling different firms across all sectors in a 4-6 month program. After which, they receive primary (sector) coverage assignments. Throughout the program, Associate Analysts will be trained to build and update models using New Constructs’ cutting-edge technology. Importantly, our technology enables Associate Analysts to analyze more financial statements in a few months than most would see in a lifetime. Our technology enables you to learn more and learn faster.
After 2 years, the Associate Analyst will be considered for a promotion to Analyst. New Constructs only promotes internally. Further professional development is fostered through our Analyst Mentor Program. Enrollment in the CFA program is highly encouraged, with reimbursement offered upon the successful completion of each exam.
The Associate Analyst's primary responsibilities are but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain economic earnings and discounted cash flow models
- Perform financial and statistical analyses on individual companies and whole industries to support the generation of published research
- Analyze the implications of market events on companies under coverage
- Propose and implement updates to financial models to reflect accounting changes
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Work with cutting-edge, proprietary machine learning software and AI
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other quantitative background is preferred but all majors are highly encouraged to apply
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong financial accounting and modeling skills
- A competitive academic record and 0-2 years of work experience
- High overall computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Superior oral and written communication skills; superior ability to get work done, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- A passion for the equity markets and interest in fundamental analysis
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org