New Constructs is a financial technology firm looking for an experienced Python developer to develop and improve a cutting-edge text-processing pipeline in an innovative start-up environment. You will partner with our analytics and engineering teams to deliver tools and packages that are compatible with existing systems. Much of your work will address problems that have no ready-made solution. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute by helping to identify potential obstacles and possible solutions, and to help choose a solution that best meets the business needs of the company.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assess existing Python code for approach and style
- Provide Python expertise to less experienced developers
- Contribute to the development of adaptable text processing solutions
- Contribute to the development of machine-learning solutions
- Integrate new data and design workflows
- 2+ years experience in production-ready Python programming
- Excellent problem solving skills
Like to Have:
- Experience with text extraction and/or processing (for example, web scraping)
- Experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
About New Constructs:
We’re a mature, well-funded startup who provides unique investment research and portfolio management tools to help clients build, manage, and grow their assets. We’re the only investment research provider with a U.S. patent for our system and methodology, and we’re constantly working on ways to grow and improve that system. We offer a challenging, creative, and dynamic work environment where employees work together to solve complex problems.
Why New Constructs?
- We’re excited about what we’re doing.
- We listen to each other, and we tell each other the truth.
- We believe everyone can (and should) contribute – good ideas aren’t determined by seniority or job title.
- We reward responsibility and initiative with opportunity.
- We embrace curiosity, learning, flexibility, and change.
- We work together – collaboration produces superior results.
We’re based in Brentwood, TN, a suburb of Nashville. We’ve got a strong economy, lower cost of living, great local culture, and a fast-growing tech sector. Check out WorkITNashville for more on living and working in Nashville.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.